EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – WINERY ASSOCIATION OF NOVA SCOTIA (WANS)
The Winery Association of Nova Scotia (WANS) is currently seeking an Executive Director who will be responsible to the Board of Directors for the effective management of WANS and the hands-on implementation of strategies designed to further the interests of Nova Scotia’s emerging wine industry.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and in addition serves as an ex-officio member of the Board and the Executive Committee. The Executive Director is a member of all WANS committees and task forces established to advance industry initiatives.
Given the nature of the Association as the voice of the Nova Scotia wine industry, the successful candidate must have the leadership and interpersonal skills to build and foster strong working relationships with all member organizations within WANS and its stakeholders, including government at both the provincial and federal levels.
WANS is seeking a dynamic and engaging relationship builder and a trusted advisor who will quickly earn and maintain the respect of the industry, stakeholders and the Board of Directors—all of whom are committed to WANS’s success and to achieving its mission and vision.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and build effective relations with key provincial government Ministries and agencies to help advance the profile and public policy interests of Nova Scotia’s wine industry.
- Represent the organization nationally and work collaboratively with the Canadian Vintners Association (CVA) to support national policy formation for the benefit of the Nova Scotia industry.
Regulatory Development and Advocacy
- Encourage the development of a regulatory environment which supports the growth and profitability of Nova Scotia’s wine industry.
Communications & Public Relations
- Promote awareness of and support the objectives of both Nova Scotia’s wine industry and WANS through targeted image-building activities.
Economic Analysis & Information Services
- Provide the membership with timely access to economic analysis and industry information that supports sound business decision-making.
- Play a leadership role in building effective working relations with other key stakeholder groups whose support and cooperation is essential to the future of Nova Scotia’s wine industry.
- Actively recruit new wineries to join WANS in concert with Board members as well as retain existing members.
- Regularly meet with and communicate the benefits of membership to existing and potential members.
- Plan for and monitor resource needs, including staffing and/or outsourcing requirements
- Manage the daily operations of WANS in accordance with approved plans, budgets, and operational policies.
- Ensure sound budgetary planning and financial control of WANS.
- Operate the financial activities of WANS within the approved budget.
- Co-ordinate the strategic planning process for the Board.
- Develop and implement a yearly operational plan that supports the strategic priorities of WANS as identified by the Board.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-secondary education and extensive career experience in marketing and/or association management.
- Proven media relations and communication abilities.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- The ability to work independently, multi-task with ease and make quick educated decisions.
- Extensive computer experience.
- Proven ability in desktop design and publishing.
- Experience in and knowledge of the food and beverage industry, with a specific focus on the Nova Scotia wine industry would be an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Email a detailed cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.