Lieutenant Governor’s Award for Excellence in Nova Scotia Wines
His Honour Brigadier-General The Honourable J.J. Grant, CMM, ONS, CD (Ret’d), Lieutenant Governor of Nova Scotia is pleased to announce the establishment of the Lieutenant Governor’s Award for Excellence in Nova Scotia Wines to honour and recognize the best of Nova Scotia wines.
Please download the following documentation for more information:
- This annual competition is open to all current members of the Winery Association of Nova Scotia (WANS) in good standing.
- Wine submissions are reviewed by an independent panel of experts, who will select between three (3) to five (5) wines as recipients of the award. This unique process is not a “best of” varietal, but rather a celebration of excellence among all Nova Scotia wines.
- There are a maximum of three (3) submissions from every winery.
- Submitted wines must be commercially available for sale in the year submitted and must have a minimum of 50 cases available for sale.
- Only grape wines of 100% Nova Scotia content will be eligible for consideration.
- The very best wines will be selected to receive the Award regardless of varietal or year.
- Winning wines will be announced in July followed by an award presentation ceremony at Government House hosted by the Lieutenant Governor on July 23, 2014.
There are two parts to the entry process:
- 2014 Entry Form: forms must be submitted by Friday, May 23, 2014.
- Bottle Submission: Bottles must be delivered by Friday, May 30th, 2014. (Delivery dates and times below) The submission of bottles (three of each entry with a maximum of three entries) must be carefully packaged, identified and delivered to the address below. The bottles can be delivered between 9am and 3pm on Tuesday, May 27th or Thursday, May 29th, and between 12noon and 4pm on Friday, May 30th. A signed copy of the previously submitted entry form should be included with the bottle package re-confirming your submission.
Questions? Please call 902-585-1594 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.