Wolfville Presents: The Magic Winery Bus
Imagine sitting on the upper level of a double decker bus, winding through country roads and taking in the endless view of the picturesque Annapolis Valley.
Throw in five potential stops to taste delicious wines and tour rolling vineyards, and your day might just become… magical. Well, you don’t need to imagine anymore, you can do it for real! On Saturdays and Sundays, from September 1 to October 14, the town of Wolfville will be presenting the Wolfville Magic Winery Bus.
That’s right, hop on and off a double decker wine bus for only $10/person (free for children) and wine your way through the Annapolis Valley where the bus will make a one hour loop to five different wineries – Muir Murray Winery, Domaine de Grand Pré, Luckett Vineyards, L’Acadie Vineyards and Gaspereau Vineyards. Stay for one hour at each or stay at one winery for five hours, the choice is up to you.
See what’s happening at each of the five wineries below.
1. Muir Murray Winery
– Local Bands playing each weekend
– Complimentary tours and wine tasting, great food to sample
– Lots of children’s activities – water slip and slide in the vineyard
– Ultimate frisbee and trivia weekend
– Celebrity iron chef competition
2. Grand Pre Winery
– Tour and tasting
– Cheese and wine pairings
– Dine under the vines at Le Caveau
– Kids menu available
– Music/artist entertainment on selected weekends
3. Luckett Vineyards
– Bistro patio dining
– Horse-drawn hayrides into the vineyards
– Picnic packages available
– Fantastic cheese and deli selection
– Luckett Farms fresh produce
4. L’Acadie Vineyards
– Tours and wine tastings
– Traditional method sparkling, certified organic, and Appassimento red wines
– September 15th-16th Champagne Wishes and Seafood Dreams – a Nova Scotia Fall Wine Festival Event
– Sparkling juices and playground for kids
5. Gaspereau Vineyards
– Join us for a complimentary tour & tastings
– Offering supervised children’s activities
– Wine pairings, patio, food pairings & picnic tables
– Specializing in aromatic whites, Rieslings, and robust reds
– September 23rd, 11am-5pm Charity Grape Stomp and Lucie Khulmann BBQ
The tour will be departing Town Centre hourly starting at 10:30am, with the last passenger tour departing at 3:30pm and the last tour for pick-up departing at 4:30pm. There’s more information on Facebook.
We can’t wait to check this out!